How to play Brutal Doom on Mac OSX
Doom is the classic ’90s first person shooter from iD Software. It was originally written for DOS and Windows. Brutal Doom is a mod (modification) for Doom and Doom 2 that enhances the game; more violent, more animated and more exciting.
- GZDoom a Mac version of Doom
- doom.wad and/or doom2.wad - these are the game data files. One way you can buy them is through Steam
- Brutal Doom
- Launch GZDoom, quit
- In the Finder: Shift-Command-g
- Copy your doom.wad and/or doom2.wad here
- Copy brutal19.pk3 here
- Launch GZDoom. You should see Doom and Doom 2 as options in the launcher window.
- hit browse button and select brutal19.pk3
- You should see text in your Additional Parameter window.
- Select one of the Doom games and enjoy!